College has taken various precautions as per AICTE Norms to prevent ragging and ensure 100% no-ragging.
- Formed Anti Ragging Committee consisting of senior faculty and headed by Principal.
- Persons not only from college but also from surrounding areas (i.e. residents and leaders) are also will be participating in Anti-Ragging Activities.
- Committee has taken steps and allotted duties to all the staff members at almost all areas in the college (i.e. canteen, parking places, different blocks, play grounds etc.) and ensure that at least one faculty member will be present at any particular time at all the locations to avoid ragging activities.
- Committee has taken precautions to avoid ragging activities at other locations like bus stops and given instructions and appointed student volunteers and secret informers at various boarding points.
- Wide canvassing about anti-ragging, is being done in the forms of Flexes, Posters and Boards in college premises and surrounding areas where there is a chance of ragging.
- Grievances & Redressel committee is also made a part of these anti-ragging activities.
- Many awareness programmes about Anti Ragging will be conducted by Anti Ragging Committee in the form of meetings and PPTs to the senior students, faculty & non-college personnel.
Functions of Anti Ragging Committee
- To ensure compliance with the provisions of these regulations and any law for the time being in force concerning ragging and to deal and act promptly with the incedents of ragging brought to its notice.
- To keep tabs on the happenings/events related to ragging in campus or off-campus with in the hostels and other designed places in the premises.
- To conduct such enquiry observing a fair and transparent procedure and the principals of natural justice and after giving adequate opportunity to the student or students accused of ragging and other witnesses to place before it the facts, documents and views concerning the incident of ragging, and considering such other relevant information as may be required.
- To monitor, direct and oversee the functions and performance of the Anti-Ragging Squads in prevention and curbing of ragging in the institution.
Functions and Duties of the Anti Ragging
- To be vigilant at all hours including at odd hours all around the Campus and other places vulnerable to incidents of, and having the potential of, ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
- Conduct anonymous random surveys among freshers to check whether the Campus is indeed free from ragging.
- To conduct an on-the-spot enquiry into any incident of ragging referred to it by the Head of the institution or any member of the faculty or any member of the staff or any student or any parent or guardian or any employee of a service provider or by any other person, as the case may be: and the enquiry report along with recommendations shall be submitted to the Anti-Ragging Committee for action under clauses (a) of Regulation 9.1 of UGC.
- To ensure the display of posters/tabs on Main and Departmental Notice Boards and other places such as canteen, Library, Sports Lounge, Gymnasium, Bus stops and other prominent designated places.
- Also to monitor the welfare of fresh students outside the campus.
- Any other activity the Anti Ragging Committee might delegate to the Squad.
- Quarterly meetings are held to spread awareness among students about the evil of Ragging and students are encouraged to report any such incidents
- An Anti Ragging awareness campaign was conducted on Ist August,2014. Vaathalai Sub-Inspecter Mr.Thirukumaran,Sub-Inspecter Ms. Indhumathi spoke on the effects of ragging and encouraged students to stand up against ragging.